Thursday, June 05, 2008

Flying Monkeys

.

I was watching a very interesting show last weekend on one of the five Italian channels that gives me "viewable" reception.  The white beach with it's clear, crystal water caught my eye.  We quickly moved inland to watch elephants forage for food.  There was a fruit very similar to a coconut but with a harder shell that the elephants couldn't crack open with their mouths, so they stabbed it with a tusk and then stepped on it.  Interesting.  Then we went into the trees to watch monkeys eating leaves and learned that although the leaves are poisonous to eat, the monkeys have enzymes in their stomaches to easily digest them.  These enzymes would kill humans.  Interesting.  Then we zoom across to the trees to a huge bird taking off in flight.  Back to the monkey eating leaves.  Back to the bird.  Back to the monkey being carried off by the bird still clutching the leaves in his tiny fist.  I have never changed a channel so fast in all my life.  I didn't think I was going to find what happened next to be very "interesting".

No comments: