Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cash Crop

Look look, I lied! But not on purpose, I promise. Since these were hidden beneath the dirt, I didn't realize my garden had actually produced more than a handful of anything.  I had thrown a few small potatoes in the ground towards the end of summer as an experiment. You know, nothing ventured nothing gained sort of thinking. After a few days of rain here the ground was soft enough to put a shovel into so I did and this was my reward, buried gold! This should be enough to feed me and a mouse or maybe two!
.

3 comments:

Unseen India Tours said...

The Results you got is really great..Nice ..

Zandra said...

YUMMMM! Makes me think of the delish potato receipe with dried fennel fronds you made for moi!

Urban Peasant sf said...

What kind of potatoes? I'm going to try it!